Friday, March 2, 2012

Inspiration



After a school shooting around Cleveland, they interviewed one of the victims’ mothers. When asked what she would say to the shooter, she replied “I forgive you.” She went on saying that until we walk in their shoes, we should not speak out against them. WOW!
This is a great lesson for the Lenten season that is upon us. The strength of that mother to forgive the child who took HER child’s life is awe-inspiring.  I don’t know if I would ever be that strong. To say I admire this woman doesn’t even describe it. I should only hope that if I were ever in a horrible situation I would be able to look to God for guidance and strength and follow through in a manner that he would see pleasing.

Matthew 6:14 For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.

It amazes me how such a short simple verse can be so hard to live by. I will hopefully never forget this lesson and hope to institute it in my everyday life.

No comments:

Post a Comment